Friday, November 23, 2007

Letters, postcards, etc.

Thanks, everyone, for the mail lately. It's always good to hear from people back home, especially now that I'm in the midst of knuckling down for the final few weeks of my Welsh experience.

Three essays due in the span of two days next week, including one I'm working on right now, in which I do the whole "compare and contrast" thing with the major political parties in Great Britain and the US. Not my cup of Welsh cream tea, surprisingly enough, and not the easiest thing in the world to do either -- as one of the authors I'm citing describes it, "to search for a single consistent Conservative Party ideology this century is a pointless exercise." I'll have to write a couple more by the end of the semester, in place of the exams that I won't be around to take in January. Brings back good memories of IB senior year ..... (not).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blimey that sounds like a nightmare essay, I'll wish you good luck!

Kris and Martha said...

Hey....papers are your forte!!!! You will fnish strong... in that I have no doubt, dear son!
Hang in there and take good care of yourself.

Hugs, Mom

Casey said...

Finished with the political parties one (two down, one to go) -- 7000+ words. Needless to say, I'm going to have to cut a lot out of it.

Casey said...

Done.